- 4 Ah capacity battery, enables 6 month of uninterruptible operation during the wintertime
- 1.2W solar panel recharges the device in the summer, provides power backup in the winter times
Dual camera system
- Panoramic view of the roof
- Excellent 1080p image quality
- Integrated night-vision capabilities
- Adaptive fittings, supporting multiple roof types
- Set-and-forget installation procedure
- Water and ice-proof IP68 enclosure
- Extreme temperature operation ranges
What’s the Problem
Roof top snow and ice melt cables are essential for structure protection against ice dams. Snow buildup on roofs makes it difficult to see if heat cables need to be turned on or not.
Why: Heat cables cost a lot to run – both in money and environmental impact. Heat cables draw so much power they typically double to quadruple the electric usage of the structure they protect!
Powder Watts smart camera technology is able to see inside these caves to accurately determine when those cables need to be on or off. No more guessing from the outside when cables should be turn on to create the proper channel for ice melt to drain.
How it works: Utilizing the same smart camera technology we see in collision avoidance for cars, thermal imagery for first responders and smart software messaging, the Powder Watts system is able to accurately detect when you are most at risk of roof damage from winter conditions and efficiently turn on and off your heat cable systems at the optimal times